Thank you for your interest in becoming a new member of our Housing Co-operative.
The complex is comprised of 138 three-bedroom townhouses. All units have 1 ½ baths, fridge, stove, full basement (undeveloped), fenced yard, parking stall and plug-in for one vehicle.
If you move out of the Co-op, your share will be purchased back from you for $2,000.00 less any required repairs or damages; the share payout may take several months to process. There is a minimum income of $50,000.00 per household; this minimum insures that our members will be able to fulfill their responsibilities as shareholders. (Please note that the above figures are accurate as of November 2014. Contact our office for the most up to date information).
- Complete application and income verification forms for all applicants.
- Submit application in person, by mail, or by email to Community_Manager@HunterEstates.ca
- Submit $40 application fee (for credit check) in person by debit or by Interac email money transfer to email@example.com Please include the name of the applicant in the memo field for cross reference purposes.
- All applicants will be contacted to attend an interview with Hunter Estates Membership Committee. Interviews are held in the evening of the 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month.
- Approved applicants will be contacted by the Community Manager to discuss available units, viewings, move in dates, etc.
One of the benefits of co-operative living is having a voice in the management and activities of the Co-op. The members are expected to attend the general meetings (at least twice a year) and to be involved in decision making for the Co- op. As well, we plan for social events such as annual block parties/stampede breakfasts and events for the children. These will give you a chance to meet your new neighbours and enjoy the community spirit we are striving to create for all the members. Remember, it is through the efforts of our MEMBER VOLUNTEERS that we are able to ENJOY OUR CO-OP.
Volunteering on the Board, on committees or other areas helps build a stronger and healthier co-operative.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 275-2534 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office staff will be more than happy to assist you.